Masterclass – Compliance with Data Protection Law in the Voluntary / Not-for-profit sector
Tuesday 7th June 2022
For the first time last year, Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) enforcement actions in the voluntary/not-for-profit sector were reported. News media continues to report data breach cases in the Scottish sector.
Since introduction of the UK GDPR in 2018, there has been a year-on-year increase in enforcement actions taken by the regulator. The ICO regularly publishes information about UK organisations’ data protection compliance and its enforcement decisions to raise awareness of problems they have encountered when investigating complaints, aiming to encourage organisations to take appropriate action.
This Masterclass is aimed at those in a senior role within a voluntary/not-for-profit organisation with a working knowledge of legal requirements relating to data protection and privacy who are looking for high-level training on organisational compliance with the UK GDPR requirements, focusing on issues particular to the voluntary sector. It will provide an up-to-date overview of the key compliance requirements and practical tips on ways to introduce the necessary changes to how your organisation operates.
What will this event cover?
- Overview of data protection law requirements and how compliance can be evidenced based on guidance in ICO’s Accountability Framework, which includes establishing processes and maintaining records to comply with the UK GDPR requirements
- Summary of 2021 ICO enforcement trends and a series of ‘case studies’ from complaints involving the Scottish voluntary sector
- Highlighting risk areas for the voluntary sector, with recommendations or action points to help address those risks
What are the outcomes?
- Improve professional knowledge of the UK GDPR requirements and best practice
- Improve understanding of how to manage and improve data protection compliance
- Understand how to evidence compliance to meet the UK GDPR accountability requirements and ensure the organisation minimizes risk of a successful complaint to the ICO
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those in a senior role within a voluntary/not-for-profit organisation with responsibility for data protection compliance, including CEOs, members of senior management teams, Data Protection Officers, or other privacy/data protection champions in the organisation. It is pitched at professionals with a working knowledge of legal requirements relating to data protection and privacy who are looking for high-level training on organisational compliance with the UK GDPR requirements. It is also suitable for DPOs and all management levels with responsibility for compliance.
What will the cost be?
£50 + VAT per delegate. Discounted rate available for ACOSVO members.
Reserving a place
To book places online, please complete the form below. Alternatively, please e-mail email@example.com.