How to Recruit & Select Effectively
Thursday 23rd August 2018
Navigator Employment Law Limited
1 – 4 Atholl Crescent
What will it cover?
The hiring process can be risky and expensive, and cutting corners only makes the process harder. Candidates often develop first impressions when being recruited, making it important for organisations’ to put their best foot forward throughout the process. Course objectives will help educate your managers on effective recruitment and selection practices by covering:
- The importance of getting the job description and person specification right.
- Longlisting and shortlisting process.
- Interview techniques including effective questioning & what questions to avoid.
- Alternative selection techniques.
- Discrimination awareness and employment checks (right to work in the UK, criminal, health).
What are the outcomes?
Attendees will walk away with:
- A deeper understanding of the recruitment process.
- Awareness of the legislative stance on recruitment & selection.
- Increased confidence to recruit fairly, properly and effectively.
- Practical tools to assist when recruiting and selection.
Who should attend?
Learning is aimed towards those who currently or will play a role in the recruitment and selection process. It is aimed at those requiring an update or are new to the selection process to ensure the right person is selected for the right role.
How long will the course be?
The course will be half a day commencing at 9:15am for 9:30am start and finishing by 12:30 pm.
What will the cost be?
£105 plus VAT.
Reserving a place
Places at our events are limited and demand is normally high. For this reason, we would suggest that you book early to avoid disappointment. To book your place, please email Clare Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 0333 0433 931.